Col. Tom Snodgrass (Ret.)
President Barack Obama is abysmally ignorant of what every first year ROTC student knows, that is, war only ends when the enemy no longer has the motivation and/or capability to continue the war. The president’s ignorance was embarrassingly on display in his May 23rd National Defense University counterterrorism policy speech. This speech was untrue, incoherent, foolish, and dangerous.
- World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
- 32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
- 41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
- 38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
- 83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose)
- 62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
- 42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
- A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
- (Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33%)
- About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.